Not all of my clients are sure about divorce from the onset. Many started by browsing through divorce forum Singapore, trying to find out what they should do. Do they really need a divorce?
I came across an article from Reader’s Digest recently. The article talks about the “time to leave”. I think it is a good summary of most of the points that I have read on divorce forum Singapore.
When should you leave?
- When your spouse asks you to change major things such as your career, religion, studies and other important aspects of your life. A couple should always talk things through and reach an understanding.
- When your spouse asks for your phone password. According to Professor Michele Kerulis, “asking to go through your phone or demanding your passwords is a major boundary violations”.
- When your spouse wants everything to be equal. In life, there will be bad times when one party has to do the heavy lifting, like when one party loses his job. It can’t be equal all the time.
- When your spouse wants you to lie for him/ her. It is unfair for you to be put in a position where you feel like you have to choose between love and morality.
- When your spouse cheats on you.
- When your spouse asks you to give up your job. It can be hurtful.
- When your spouse asks you to put up with abuse from their family- in-laws included.
- When your spouse asks you to break up with your best friend.
See: “Warning: If Your Partner Is Asking You to Do These 10 Things, It’s Time to Leave”, Reader’s Digest
Rather than continue looking at divorce forum Singapore for answers, talk to us today to find out your options.
You may also be interested to read more about: