Searching the internet for divorce lawyer Singapore review?
It is understandable. Most people would want a “tried-and-tested” lawyer. In your search for a good divorce lawyer Singapore review, you may find conflicting reviews of the same lawyer. Some people may find a lawyer to be patient and meticulous, while another may feel that the particular lawyer is expensive and never around. This is normal. Even the most popular prime minister will not receive 100% of the country’s votes during a General Election. People will have different opinions about the same lawyer.
Divorce Lawyer Singapore Review- Objective Criteria
Hence, instead of looking at how people feel about a divorce lawyer, you should focus on the objective criteria in your search for divorce lawyer Singapore review.
- How much does the lawyer charge? Is it higher than market rate, or lower? Any hidden cost? Do you really want to pay $2000 to $3000 for a simple uncontested divorce/ annulment?
- What is the turnaround time? I know that there are lawyers out there who take 2 weeks to churn out a set of simple divorce papers or a week to prepare a simple Deed of Separation. Is it necessary to wait that long for documents that can be prepared in 1 to 2 hours?
- Who is the contact person? Will you be dealing with the paralegal, legal executive or legal manager? Are they able to advise you? You are paying for a lawyer. Don’t you want to speak to a lawyer?
Divorce Lawyer Singapore Review- Other Criteria
After making a comparison of the above objective criteria, you may then look out for criteria such as the lawyer’s:
- Honesty. Has he/ she ever been censured for dishonesty? You can do a google check to find out.
- Skills and experience. Ask your lawyer how many cases he/ she does a year. A lawyer may have been in practice for 20 years, but only does 1 to 2 divorce cases a year.
- Professionalism. Is your lawyer able to explain difficult concepts to you in an easy-to-understand manner?\
See: “Qualities to Look for in a Divorce Lawyer”, catchnews, 22 May 2017
At Family Advocates Singapore:
- Our costs are low and on a net basis. You will know right from the start how much you have to pay. Do a comparison and you will be glad to learn that our costs are extremely competitive.
- We promise to give you a copy of the divorce papers within 72 hours of engagement. Further, you will sign the divorce papers within 1 week from engagement. Typically, our turnaround time is even faster that this!
- You will be dealing directly with the lawyer- on WhatsApp, Line, Facebook Messenger, Email, WeChat and other major social media platforms!
For more information on what to look out for in your search for a good divorce lawyer Singapore review, contact us today!