Are you looking for free legal advice for divorce in Singapore?
Free legal advice for divorce in Singapore
We offer free legal advice on divorce in Singapore if you want to know more about:
- Divorce and separation in Singapore;
- Annulment in Singapore;
- Custody, care and control, and access to minor children in Singapore;
- Division of matrimonial assets in Singapore;
- Maintenance and alimony issues in Singapore;
- How to deal with family violence in Singapore; and
- HDB and CPF related matters.
When will free legal advice for divorce in Singapore not be helpful?
However, free legal advice for divorce in Singapore may not be helpful if you require extensive analysis of your case or complicated computations.
For instance, a Singaporean couple are engaged in a legal battle in Canada involving assets worth S$52 million in properties in Canada, Singapore and Thailand. The family’s wealth was accumulated as a result of the husband’s medical practice in Singapore. A Canadian Judge ordered the husband to pay C$400,000 as interim maintenance for the wife and their child.
In 2016, the wife had filed for divorce in Canada and sought maintenance, parenting order, division of assets and a protection order against the husband. On the other hand, the husband commenced divorce proceedings in Singapore.
For a case as complicated as this, time has to be taken to:
- Examine the financial records;
- Determine the value of the assets;
- Determine the pool of matrimonial assets;
- Analyse the case and decide on the right forum to commence divorce proceedings; and
- Calculate the estimated amount of child and spousal maintenance.
While you may receive some general free legal advice for divorce in Singapore, it is advisable that you hire a lawyer to do a thorough analysis of your case for you if your case were as complicated as this!
See: K.C. Vijayan,“Singaporean couple in $52, divorce case”, The Straits Times, 27 June 2017
On the other hand, if your case does not appear to be that complicated, you may wish to contact us for free legal advice for divorce in Singapore!
You may also be interested to read more about: